The Arizona Center for Simulation and Experiential Learning at the University of...
Health Sciences Education Building to be Featured on National Show
The Health Sciences Education Building at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix is about to get its closeup.
The education building, known as HSEB, has been the anchor to the UA's presence in downtown Phoenix since its completion in the summer of 2012. Since then, it has garnered plenty of attention and awards for its design and construction. That attention is going national with the broadcast of "Cool Spaces!," a new national television show that spotlights great architecture.
The episode highlights the unique facets of the building and includes discussions with students and faculty. The education building is featured along with a clinic and another medical school center in the hourlong broadcast.
The show already has aired in a number of cities but get its first showing in Arizona on Wednesday when Arizona Public Media's ReadyTV channel airs the episode at 10:30 p.m. ReadyTV is available on Cox and Comcast. The show will air 90 minutes later in Phoenix and northern Arizona on KAET-TV.
"Whether you are a student or a faculty member, as soon as you enter this building, the passion to engage in our learning environment is palpable," said Dr. Stuart D. Flynn, dean of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix.
"We are so proud that it has received the highest levels of acknowledgement for its design and functionality," Flynn said. "The building is a shining example of the expansion of the University in Phoenix and a superior setting to optimize medical education for our physicians in training."
The education building houses the UA's expanded medical school as well as smaller programs from Northern Arizona University. The construction of the building capped a long process of unprecedented cooperation among the UA, NAU, the Arizona Board of Regents, the city of Phoenix, faculty, staff and students, as well as two architects and two general contractors.
The building has won a dozen awards from a variety of organizations that recognize the significant architectural design aspects of this facility, including the prestigious American Institute of Architects. The building also has been featured in magazines and trade publications; among the most recent was the cover of June 2014 edition of Green Living, a statewide publication that covers sustainability issues.
- On Becoming a Wildcat: Start Now, Hit the Books September 15, 2014
- A Virtual Tour of Old Main September 10, 2014
- All Wildcats are Invited to Do the Haka at Home Games September 3, 2014
- Vote for Wilma in the National Mascot Challenge August 25, 2014
- Viral Ice-Bucket Challenge Began With UA's Niya Butts August 19, 2014
- Behind the Scenes at Arizona Football Headshot Day August 11, 2014
- Future Docs Receive White Coats July 29, 2014
- Health Sciences Education Building to be Featured on National Show July 28, 2014
- UA Engineering Camp Introduces Girl Scouts to STEM July 14, 2014
- Introducing Arizona Fast, #TheNewNormal July 11, 2014
- Why Go to Bennu? June 30, 2014
- Keeping the Night Skies Dark June 25, 2014
- Arizona Athletics: The Year in Review June 20, 2014
- De Grazia: The Man and the Myths June 16, 2014
- Teaching Students How to Think June 9, 2014
- Med Students Learn From High-Tech 'Patients' June 2, 2014
- Students Learn Dirty Science at Mountaintop SkySchool May 28, 2014
- UAMC Patients Say Thank You May 21, 2014