The University of Arizona's Educational Interpreting Program teaches students to become interpret
University of Arizona Unveils iPhone App
Starting today, the University of Arizona experience is going mobile.
The UA today launched Arizona Mobile, its official app, on the App Store. Arizona Mobile is available as a free download for anyone with an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
App users will be able to use their mobile device to navigate the UA campus, manage meal plans, browse course offerings, get information about campus events and news, watch new videos daily, download UA-themed wallpapers and access emergency information.
"Arizona Mobile will change the way all Wildcats connect with the University," UA President Robert N. Shelton said. "This app is another reflection of the University's commitment to innovation and technology. The UA is committed to engaging with its communities on and off campus, online and across mobile platforms."
Arizona Mobile will offer custom features designed for UA students, visitors and employees such as:
- Maps: A mobile-optimized campus map; locations for all UA buildings; directions for dozens of colleges, departments, libraries, computer labs and restaurants; and mobile campus tours
- Dining: Direct access to meal plan accounts, allowing students to access fund balances, add money to meal plans and find out what campus dining venues are open
- Events: Daily calendar, featuring the ability to add events to a personal calendar and view event locations via a campus map
- Courses: Access to entire course catalog, class schedules, available seats and instructor names
- Videos: Mobile-friendly videos profiling UA academics, research, athletics, student programs and public outreach activities
- News: Updated several times a day, stories and features on all areas of University life
- Phonebook: Contact information for UA employees and students
- Athletics: News, scores and schedules
- Images: Iconic photos of UA people and places, along with custom wallpapers
- Emergency: Contact information in the event of an on-campus emergency
- UA Info: Mobile-optimized page of links to notable campus services and websites
- iTunes U: Direct access to UA site, featuring videos of class lectures, public events and academic content
Upgrades will add new features designed to make it easier for UA students, alumni, employees, guests and supporters to stay connected to one another and the institution.
The app will be available on Android devices in the coming months.