The UA Campus Arboretum hosted an Arbor Day event on April 22 to celebrate campus and community l
Participate in UA Presidential Search Community Forums
The UA community is invited to participate in a series of forums seeking thoughts on the attributes the next University president should possess.
The Arizona Board of Regents Presidential Search Committee invites members of the University community to attend forums to share their perspectives about the qualities and attributes the next president of the University of Arizona should possess.
Attendees also will have an opportunity to provide input regarding the issues and opportunities that may come before the new president.
Additional information about the UA presidential search process, including a description of the desired leadership characteristics and a list of the search committee members, is available through the regents' website.
The committee is chaired by regents Dennis DeConcini and Rick Myers.
The community forums are open to all members of the University and broader community: students, faculty members, professionals, staff, University and community advisory councils, community leaders and stakeholders, government leaders, donors and alumni.
Said UA President Eugene G. Sander in a message to the UA community: "I hope that you will be able to attend one of the available sessions to provide your valued comments."
The forums will be held:
- Oct. 10, Noon-1:30 p.m., Yuma Conference Room, Booth Machinery, Inc. 6565 E. 30th St., Yuma
- Oct. 13, 3-4:30 p.m., Catalina/Tucson rooms, Student Union Memorial Center, UA main campus, Tucson
- Oct. 13, 5:30-7 p.m., Gallagher Theatre, Student Union Memorial Center, UA main campus, Tucson
- Oct. 14, 3-4:30 p.m., Catalina/Tucson rooms, Student Union Memorial Center, UA main campus, Tucson
- Oct. 14, 5:30-7 p.m., Amethyst Room, Pima Community College, downtown campus, 1255 N. Stone Ave., Tucson
- Oct. 17, 5:30-7 p.m., Public Meeting Room, UA South, 1140 N. Columbo Ave., Sierra Vista
- Oct. 18, 5:30-7 p.m., Virginia G. Piper Auditorium, UA College of Medicine-Phoenix, 600 E. Van Buren St., Phoenix
- Oct. 24, 3-4:30 p.m., 1899 Ballroom, High Country Conference Center, Northern Arizona University, 201 W. Butler Ave., Flagstaff