The designation of Regents' Professor, voted on by the Arizona Board of Regents, is an honored...
Employees Honored for Years of Service, Retirements
The annual Retiree Dinner is April 12, and the Service Awards Luncheon is April 19.
Employees planning to retire by June 30 will be honored Thursday at the annual Retiree Dinner, and those celebrating milestone years of service at the University will celebrate at the annual Service Awards Luncheon on April 19.
There are 266 people, with a combined total of 5,391 years of service, who have been invited to tomorrow's dinner.
That number includes some people who decided after last year's event that they were going to retire, said Kathy Hawkes-Smith, director of University Events, the office that coordinates the dinner and the luncheon.
All the retirees will have their photos taken with President Eugene G. Sander, and they will receive their choice of a leather passport holder and luggage tags or a UA throw blanket.
The names of retiring employees are available here (PDF).
Nearly 1,000 employees celebrating 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 or more years at the UA have been invited to attend the 11:45 a.m. luncheon on April 19 in the Student Union Memorial Center's Grand Ballroom. Provost Jacqueline Mok will emcee the invitation-only event.
"Especially in this time of budget cuts where everyone has stepped up and taken on increased workloads, it's important that we recognize these employees for their valuable contributions to the University," Hawkes-Smith said.
This year's 972 honorees break down as follows:
- 10 years – 325 employees
- 15 years – 222 employees
- 20 years – 156 employees
- 25 years – 151 employees
- 30 years – 67 employees
- 35 years – 40 employees
- 40 years – 8 employees
- 45 years – 3 employees
For a list of the employees marking milestones, click here (PDF).
Altogether, the invited employees have served more than 17,300 years at the UA, according to data provided by Hawkes-Smith.
During the ceremony, employees will receive gifts that correspond with their number of years of service. Those with 30 or more years also will have their pictures taken with Sander.
- 10 years: Pen and letter opener in a wooden box
- 15 years: Set of four Thirstystone coasters featuring Old Main painted by local artist Diana Madaras
- 20 years: Four drinking glasses with the block A logo
- 25 years: A swivel desk organizer
- 30 years: Wooden tiered "treasure box" to hold jewelry or office supplies
- 35 years: A rosewood charging station for a cell phone
- 40 years: Choice between a hardcover copy of Phyllis Ball's book, "A Photographic History of The University of Arizona, 1885-1985," or a mini canvas picture of Old Main
- 45 years: A digital photo frame
- 50 years: A Madaras painting of Old Main on a large ceramic tile