Watch this fun time-lapse video from last year's graduation ceremony for a glimpse of the kind...
Awards and Accolades
Among recent honors for UA faculty: J. Lyle Bootman has been selected as 'Distinguished Person of the Year.'
Congratulations to the following faculty members who have recently received, or will soon receive, high-profile honors in their respective fields:
- The American Educational Research Association has selected McFarland Distinguished Professor Jeffrey Milam, who is director of the UA's Center for the Study of Higher Education, as a fellow of the association. He will be officially inducted at a breakfast April 14 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Regents' Professor W. James Shuttleworth, professor of hydrology and water resources, was selected to give the American Geophysical Union's 2011 Walter B. Langbein Lecture at the group's 2011 annual meeting, which was held December 5-9 in San Francisco. The Langbein Lecture is named in honor of Walter B. Langbein, who made seminal contributions to the development of hydrology as a science. The lectureship is awarded annually "for lifetime contributions to the basic science of hydrology and/or unselfish service promoting cooperation in hydrologic research." Shuttleworth's lecture was titled "The Emergence of Terrestrial Hydrometeorology."
- J. Lyle Bootman, senior vice president for health sciences and dean of the College of Pharmacy, has been selected to receive the Distinguished Person of the Year Award for 2012 from Pharmacists Planning Service Inc., a California nonprofit corporation that offers a large number of health-awareness programs to promote public health and education. The organization selected Bootman for the honor because of his many contributions to the profession of pharmacy. The award will be presented during the American Pharmacists Association annual meeting March 11 in New Orleans.
Lo Que Pasa wants to know about your good news. If you, your department or a colleague – faculty or otherwise – have won any major awards, been honored nationally or internationally or accomplished some other major feat that deserves recognition, we'd like to know about it.
To submit your news, please send us an email with the following information:
- Name of person or team receiving the honor. Name of organization granting the honor.
- A description of the honor.
- When the honor was announced and when it is to be received (or was received).
- A photo of the honoree. If others appear in the photo, we'll need their names and affiliations.
Questions? Please contact Shelley Shelton at 626-4407 or email@example.com.