Independence Day Festivities at the UA Parking Garages
Parking & Transportation Services is pleased to invite the campus community to the Fourth of July festivities at the University of Arizona campus garages.
- If you are affiliated with the University or are a family member of someone who is, please come and watch the Tucson-area fireworks from the top of one of the UA parking garages: Tyndall Avenue, Main Gate, Park Avenue and Highland Avenue. Garage locations may be downloaded here (PDF). There is no cost to park or attend this event. The Sixth Street Garage is inaccessible this year due to ongoing maintenance and upgrades.
- The top level of each garage will be blocked to vehicular traffic, allowing for spectators to set up lawn chairs to view the fireworks.
- Garages will open at 6 p.m. on July 4 for a 9:00 pm fireworks showing. Parking will be allowed on all levels except for the top level.
- Please remember to bring plenty of drinking water. Absolutely no alcohol, barbecues, cooking, fires, glass containers or sitting on walls will be allowed. Please keep your pets on leashes and in close proximity to where you are seated.
- Portable toilet facilities will be set up in the Highland Avenue and Main Gate garages.
The UA Parking & Transportation Services department is ready to assist you with your parking and transportation needs. Please contact 520-626-PARK (7275) for additional information or check our website for festivity updates.