Tai Chi for the Health of It
Learn about the health benefits of Tai Chi in this interactive workshop! Tai Chi is a gentle system of body movements. Daily practice creates wellness and vitality for body, mind and spirit. Proven health benefits include lower blood pressure, improved balance and agility, increased immune function and improved quality of life.
This event is free and open to the public and includes presentations on the health benefits of Tai Chi, a demonstration of Tai Chi postures and the opportunity to participate in Tai Chi movements.
- Dr. Charles Katzenberg, "Impact on Cardiovascular Health"
- Ruth Taylor-Piliae, "Cardiac Rehab and Stroke Survivors"
- Jean Young, "Overview of Health Benefits"
- Edna Silva, "Cardiac Rehab and Improved Quality of Life"
- Mary Koithan, "Health Promotion for Nursing"