Native American Heritage Month at the UA
In celebration of Native American Heritage Month, numerous exciting events will be happening on campus and around Tucson.
- Nov. 1 - Native American Heritage Month Kick-Off Event, noon-1 p.m. on the UA Mall, plus an evening event from 6-8 p.m. at the Student Union Memorial Center's North Ballroom
- Nov. 2 - Wonder Weavers: An Arizona Basketry Festival, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Arizona State Museum
- Nov. 4 - Native American Law Student Association Kick-Off Event, noon-1:30 p.m. at the James E. Rogers College of Law Courtyard
- Nov. 5 - "Everyone's a Winner" Event, 5-7 p.m. in the Nugent Building, Room 205
- Nov. 8 - "60 Minutes in Indian Country" Presentation, 12:30-1:30 p.m. in the Harvill Building, Room 332A
- Nov. 8 - American Indian Alumni Banquet, reception at 4:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 6 p.m., Student Union Memorial Center, North Ballroom
- Nov. 9 through Dec. 8 - Native Eyes Film Showcase, various times, UA Center for Creative Photography
- Nov. 12 - "Protecting Sacred Spaces" Discussion, noon-1:30 p.m. in the Student Union Memorial Center's Tubac Room
- Nov. 12 - "Importance of the Field of Native American Studies in Higher Education," 7 p.m. in the Student Union Memorial Center's Tucson Room
- Nov. 14 - Tribal Leadership Panel, 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Student Union Memorial Center's Catalina Room
- Nov. 15 - "Rock Your Moccs," All day. Wear your moccasins and traditional footwear that represents your tribal lineage.
- Nov. 20 - An Evening with Thomas Begay, a Navajo Code Talker, 5:30-7:30 p.m., location to be determined
- Nov. 21 - American Indian and Indigenous Health Association's Indigenous Day of Health, 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at the UA College of Public Health
- Nov. 22 - Pima Community College's N.A.S.A. Club Presents: "Fashionably Native," 6-8 p.m. at the San Xavier Recreational Center
For more details about all these events, see attached flyer.